In case you hadn't guessed, IC is based on many Formulas!
Below is a useful list of formulas you'll need to understand to get the most out the game.
Science% = 100 * (1 - exp(-RP / (100 * networth) ) ) Max Research bonus: 100% for all 4 sciences.
- Military: increased attack strength, increased defense strength
- Welfare: increased maximum population
- Economy: increased income.
- Construction: cheaper buildings and units faster building
Construction Bonus: Cost = NormalCost/(1+(ConstructionScience%/100%))
- Resources: increased resource income.
Cash in research
- Every GC adds 1 RP
- Research race bonus gets multiplied with the 1 GC meaning a 50% bonus makes 1 GC worth 1,5 RP.
- You deposit an amount of GC's into the research and it cannot be taken back.
- Every week 10% of the amount of cash you put into the research gets transferred into RP.
Research centers (RC)
- Every RC adds 20 RP per tick
- Research race bonus gets multiplied with the 20 RP meaning a 50% bonus makes 1 RC give 30 RP per tick (20 points/week * (1+Racebonus%/100%))
- Once you paid the price for the building itself the research generated by them will be free of charge. Meaning you don't get to pay for the amount of points generated each tick.
Note: With 20RP per week and with a base cost of 100GC and 1 endurium research centers pay themselves back in less then 6 weeks. However overbuilding costs can raise the price of the building. Still, research centers are much more cost effective than putting money into research. There are 2 situations where cash in research is used:
- In a specialized banker strategy when RCs aren't wanted as they mess up the TO percentage
- At the end of the round when you got a huge pile of cash left, no endurium or iron, and you only got 1 hour left to raise your NW.
Then investing in research could benefit you. In other cases it's pretty useless.
Income = (100+ (pop/30) + (CashFactories * 8)) * (1+RaceBonus/100%) * (1+(2 * TaxOffices/(TotalBuildings + 1))) * (1+ EconomyScience%/100%)
This formula shows you how your networth is made up: 1100 + (3*Fighters) + (5*Bombers) + Soldiers + (6*Transports) + Droids + Wizards + Agents + (pop/40) + (Buildings*4) + (Planets*800) + (RP/1000)
List of Networths
Fighters = 3 nw
Bombers = 5 nw
Soldiers = 1 nw
Droids = 1 nw
Wizards = 1 nw
Agents = 1 nw
Transports = 6 nw
Buildings = 4 nw
Population = 0.025 nw
RP = 0.001 nw
Planets = 800 nw
Speed bonus/travel time
Exploration Time = (SQRT((xDifference)^2 + (yDifference)^2) + 1) * 1/(1+SpeedBonus%) (x and y difference is calculated from your closest planet, portalled or not)
Travel Time = SQRT((xDifference)^2 + (yDifference)^2) * 1/(1+SpeedBonus%) (explorers excluded) (x and y difference is calculated from your closest portalled planet)
- Upkeep = (total amount of units) * 1gc
- Upkeep cost is 1gc per unit
- Only way to lower the costs is to have less troops
- Upkeep = (total amount of buildings) * 1gc
- Upkeep cost is 1gc per building
- Pop does not have any effect on the upkeep.
Food Consumption = (population/10) + (total amount of units - total amount of droids) On top of this food decays with (0.005 * total food) per tick.
Score = (your NW / max NW in galaxy + your planet count / max planet count in galaxy) * (10 + turn number / 50)
Exploration Time = (SQRT((xDifference)^2 + (yDifference)^2))* 1/(1+SpeedBonus%)